At Tri-State Veterinary Clinic, we provide a wide range of services for you and your small and exotic animals! Below you will find a few descriptions of the services that we can provide for you and your pet.
- Annual exams and consultation
- Vaccination and heartworm checks
- Heartworm and Flea Prevention
- Prophy with ultrasonic scaler and polish
- High speed drill for complicated extracations
- Digital dental x-ray capability
We have a 300Ma X-Ray machine with Digital Processing that results in better quality x-rays with fewer exposures. Digital technology also allows for x-ray images to be e-mailed to specialists for faster consulting. For an additional fee, a c/d can be made of your pet's images for you to keep.
We have a sector scanner unit for small animal scans. Ultrasound technology allows the veterinarian to view many soft tissue structures impossible to view with simple x-rays. Examples include: Pregnancy ultrasound, abdominal ultrasound - liver, kidneys, bladder (stones), chest ultrasound to examine the heart and lungs.
We have 2 separate sized Endoscopes for Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy of most sized animals.
Through endoscopy we can sometimes view a foreign body (something the animal has accidently swallowed) in the stomach, or visualize the lining of the esophagus or stomach, and in some cases take a biopsy of the stomach lining.
We board most pets while you are away. We have Indoor and Outdoor separate runs to make sure your dogs get the right amount of exercise while in our clinic! Cats are boarded in a separate, "cat friendly" room so that they don't have to even LOOK at those dogs!
- We utilize Gas Anesthesia for your pet’s safety
- Pets are monitored by our trained staff
- Pets are also monitored by pulse oximeter for constant oxygen and heartrate
- IV pumps are available
- Your pets recovery is carefuly monitored
We handle a large array of surgical procedures here at the clinic including:
- All routine spays, neuters, & declawings
- C-Sections – both scheduled & emergency
- Orthopedics – Anterior Cruciate Repair, FHO, Pinnings (fracture repair), & Amputations
- Bladder stones
- Cancer surgery
We offer artificial insemination for dogs.
Collection of the stud dog and artificial of the female. We can ultrasound for pregnancy by 4 weeks and then x-ray the week before delivery for a "puppy count".
We welcome and treat most exotic animals and pets. Our patients include:
- Most Avians
- Pocket pets (hamsters, gerbils, etc.)
- Reptiles (snakes, iguanas, etc.)
Consultation and Specialist Referrals
Dr. Barnard has a host of qualified specialists he consults with on a regular basis. Specialists at several university hospitals including Purdue University are available for consultations and take referral patients from our hospital. Purdue has an impressive small animal cancer/ oncology center and radiation facility.
Specialists in Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Ophthalmology, and other specialty areas are consulted as needed.
NIVES-- Northern Indiana Veterinary Emergency and Specialty hospital is available for emergency care when Dr. Barnard is out of the state, AND offers specialists whom Dr. Barnard consults with on complicated or unusual cases.